Who we are
Xie Ying (Rain)
Being a college counselor for over ten years, I have enjoyed this job very much. The beauty of this job is to meet people with diverse backgrounds from all over the world. As the modern education advocates “open-mindedness”, it is crucial that we as educators set a positive model for our students. In addition, working with young people has brought me great values- happiness, inspiration and enthusiasm.
In the past 8 years, I have got acquainted with hundreds of families, built trust with each other and assisted students to realize their abroad–study dreams. I deeply trust that a good counselor could light up one’s educational ideal instead of only achieving the application goal. Therefore, I believe in building college counseling based on a career plan to stimulate students’ study motivation, establish their own goals, join activities, plan tests to explore a better self.
What we do
- Discuss college planning with the student and the parents and help the child to develop a schedule, testing plan, and, eventually, a balanced list of appropriate post-secondary institutions
- Provide information about chances of admission to particular colleges
- Provide resources and opportunities for students and their families to learn about various colleges
- Provide information about visitations, special events, open houses at colleges, deadlines, scholarships, and testing
- Help students access and use important websites
- Support and counsel students and parents throughout the entire research, application, and selection process
- Collaborate with school staff to best provide university admission counseling and application assistance